Police raid striking doctors' homes, offices, after deadline passes on return-to-work order
Yoon touts improved Japan ties on Independence Movement Day as gateway to 'new world'
S. Korea, US voice 'deep concern' over NK's definition of S. Korea as 'hostile' country
S.Coups of Seventeen gets military exemption due to knee injury
Korean stocks benefit from Zuckerberg's Seoul visit
DP leader Lee retains ticket to his constituency for April elections
[Weekender] Car camping: How solo female campers enjoy outdoors
Vote on bill to probe first lady lays bare Democratic Party split
Address by President Yoon Suk Yeol on the 105th March 1st Independence Movement Day
[Editorial] A country for children
ID tags of American soldiers killed in Korean War traded in N. Korea: reportBy KH디지털2
Published : April 19, 2017 - 10:17
Identification tags of American soldiers killed in the 1950-53 Korean War have been traded in North Korea, Radio Free Asia reported Wednesday, citing the leader of a civic body seeking to improve human rights in the North.
"Some people in North Korea are making inquiries about how they could sell American soldiers' identification tags," Kim Dong-nam, head of the International Network for a Free North Korea, told the US-based media outlet.
A North Korean resident tried to sell American identification tags to the United States by transferring them to him via his acquaintance in China last year, but the resident picked them up after he did not show interest in the trade, Kim was quoted as saying to RFA.
The report also said American soldiers' identification tags whose authenticity have yet to be verified could fetch as high as $1,000 per unit.
Citing a source in a North Korean region bordering China, RFA said price negotiations are being made over the tags and even imitations are offered amid rumors of the United States paying for such objects.
The US and North Korean teams had jointly recovered the remains of more than 200 US servicemen in Unsan, North Pyongan Province, and near the Chosin Reservoir, South Hamgyong Province, from 1996 through 2005.
In 2005, however, the operations were suspended due to concerns about the teams' safety. In 2011, the two countries agreed to resume work to recover the remains before it was halted following the announcement of a plan to launch long-range rockets by the North. (Yonhap)
Opposition leader retains ticket to his constituency
Car camping: How solo female campers enjoy outdoors
Tensions loom as doctors plan mass rally in deepening clash over med school quota