Police raid striking doctors' homes, offices, after deadline passes on return-to-work order
Tensions loom as doctors plan mass rally in deepening clash over med school quota
DP leader Lee retains ticket to his constituency for April elections
Korean stocks benefit from Zuckerberg's Seoul visit
[EYE] A Buddhist temple where animal spirits find peace
[Weekender] Car camping: How solo female campers enjoy outdoors
S. Korea's meat consumption exceeds rice intakes for 2nd year
South Korea publicly orders some doctors who walked off the job back to work
Korea faces long road in unlocking corporate value like Japan
Vote on bill to probe first lady lays bare Democratic Party split
SKT, Hana launch joint venture FinnqBy Park Ga-young
Published : Oct. 30, 2016 - 15:36
The joint venture, Finnq, was established with a starting capital of 50 billion won ($43 million) with SK Telecom holding a 49 percent stake while Hana owns the remaining 51 percent.
The new venture will be backed by SK Telecom’s advance mobile platform technology and big data analysis capability, as well as Hana’s various financial services, the companies said. Finnq will also focus on nurturing new fintech startups in a bid to contribute to the development of the domestic fintech industry, according to the statement.
Finnq aims to launch its first service, such as mobile asset management and P2P finance, in the first half of 2017.
The name Finnq is a combination of FinTech, quick, quality, and quantum leap.
By Park Ga-young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tensions loom as doctors plan mass rally
Seoul's 1st spy satellite sends images of Pyongyang
Ex-PPP leader to run for seat in less conservative Hwaseong city