South Korea and the US will cooperate on “an unprecedented level” to strengthen Seoul’s military capabilities, President Moon Jae-in on Tuesday.
* unprecedented: 유례없는 (unrivaled, unparalleled: 견줄데 없는)
* strengthen: 강화하다 (=enhance)
* military capabilities: 군사력 (=military capacities)
 Speaking after a summit meeting with US President Donald Trump in Seoul, Moon said that the two countries will immediately begin talks regarding Seoul’s plans to purchase or develop cutting-edge military assets.
* summit meeting: 정상회담
* immediately: 즉시
* regarding ~ : ~와 관련해
* talks: 협상 (=negotiations)
* cutting-edge: 최첨단의 (=state-of-the-art)
“We agreed to resolve North Korean nuclear issue peacefully, and to establish permanent peace on the Korean Peninsula,” Moon said at a joint press conference at Cheong Wa Dae, the presidential office.
* agree to ~: ~하기로 합의하다
* resolve: 해결하다
* permanent: 영구적인 (=lasting)
2. Seventeen’s new single ‘clap’ deserves round of applause
기사요약: 그룹 세븐틴이 최근 2번째 정규앨범 "Teen, Age"를 내며 컴백했다. 13인조인 세븐틴은 앨범의 타이틀 곡 "박수(Clap)"을 통해 풋풋한 소년같은 과거의 모습을 뒤로 하고 더욱 성숙해진 모습을 보여주고 있다.
 Leading the group into a new direction, Seventeen’s new single “clap,” a lead track off its second full-length album “Teen, Age,” was an announcement to the world that gone are the good old days of boyishness of the 13-piece group.
* lead A into B: A를 B로 이끌고 가다
* lead track: 타이틀 곡
* full-length album: 정식 앨범 (EP: 앨범보단 수록곡이 적고 싱글보다는 많은 형태. 한국에서 미니앨범으로 통칭)
* good old days: 그리운 옛날
 Two years into its career, K-pop rookie Seventeen returned Monday with its second full-length album, where all 13 tracks were composed and written by the members. The group released its first full-length album “Love & Letter” in April last year.
* rookie: 신인
* compose: 작곡하다
 “Teen, Age,” which was released via local streaming sites at 6 p.m. on Monday, is fronted by “clap,” a mix of blues-rock and funky sounds. As the title implies, the members said that they wanted to send a round of applause to themselves for having wrapped up the group’s first part of its activities, as well as celebrating its maturity with the new album.
* via ~: ~를 통해 (=through ~)
* fronted by: ~를 전면에 내세우다
* imply: 암시하다, 넌지시 내비추다(=suggest)
* a round of applause: 박수갈채 (standing ovation: 기립박수)
* wrap up: 마무리하다 (= finish)